Home to the artwork of Lostnoiz

Friday, June 29, 2018

The backyard pond...








The above pictures were taken on June 17th...about 2 weeks ago.  I had just fixed a leak in one of my fish ponds after working my ass off at work.  I relined the big pond, filled it back up and moved my fish (some big gold fish I've had for years) back to their home.  I've had these fish for years....they have survived winters, hurricanes and hellishly hot summers.  They were not coy, just simple gold fish (big ones) I got from from Pet Supermarket.  Part of my daily ritual is to go out and feed them.  I just bought a big can of pellets for them 2 days ago.  It seemed as if every year, they would multiple by one....there were 5 big ones, 2 smaller ones and one smallest one.
 
Going back to the last month or so, I've experienced some losses.  I lost Pooka (the cat), whom I had to put to sleep on Memorial Day weekend (Monday to be exact).  Completely awful....had this wonderful cat for years, had him since he was a kitten and I had to put him down.  I held him as he 'went to sleep' and think of him daily. 

About 2 weeks ago, I came home to discover another one of my cats (I called him 'Rubber Legs'...a sweet orange cat whom had a mild leg deformity) dead under the deck steps.  I've had him since he was a kitten as well. 

I don't know what happened to either of them, both were sudden...both were heart breaking...both are buried underneath lantana in the backyard.

Today, after working more than 11 hours, I came home, changed clothes and went out to feed the fish. The fish were dead....floating on top of the water.  They survived winters and years of my care.  I am completely at a loss.  Maybe it's time to get out of Sunset Park.

Until next time,hopefully things will be better.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh noooo...I’m sooo sorry 😢

lostnoiz said...

They were buried this afternoon