Home to the artwork of Lostnoiz

Saturday, September 11, 2010

September......

It's been roughly 3 years since I
moved to Wilmington. Three YEARS.
Before I moved here, I used to
vacation a lot around Morehead
City and I always loved September
at the beach. The crowds were gone,
the air was cool, the water was still
WAY warm and the rooms were
half price! It is an absolutely great
time of the year here at the beach.
Below are some pictures I've taken
around the area the past few weeks.....
First: Fort Fisher
I ran out to Fort Fisher a few days ago...more
like a week ago.....I discovered that at the end
of the road, there is a jetty that one can walk
across......with decent shoes, mind you, it is
very slippery....... Click to enlarge....
...it will take you to an island! I did'nt
know this existed until last week.
I did not make it to the island on
this day but I will......
Next.....Carolina Beach.
We went today, after work. Cool air,
warm water, no crowds.......excellent
conditions.....click to enlarge.
...and finally, home sweet home.
Below are pictures from the backyard.
The state port is visible from the backyard.
You can see a distant shot and a zoom
of a ship being serviced at the port....
...and last but not least.....
The obligitory cat picture of
the week......
Beetlejuice in the backyard.......
...until next time.....

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

ah- and I love the beach in September- your prose was great and set a great tone to wonderful pictures!
Is it quiet at all so close to the port???
And I can't believe it- 3 years-
you seem happy- glad!!! ((((hugs))) from your OLDest sissy

Lostnoiz said...

It can be a bit noisy here at times....around 3 am, occasionally, there are train noises....'SCREEEECH!'....but for the most part, not more than the occassional 'booooop! (the sound a ship makes when it comes into port...) and most the sounds are relaxing......I do like it here.....