Home to the artwork of Lostnoiz

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Hurricane Earl....part 1

Alright now.......I went to the beach
today around noon. The great parking spot
kinda foreshadowed what I found: very rough
water, big waves, bad ass rip. Red Flag
Day. Not a whole lot of folks on the
beach (though there were a few...).
Other than that, it was beautiful out
there. The water is still very warm
and clear for the most part. It may
be hard to tell from the pictures, but
the waves were huge (by Carolina Beach
standards) and the water was washing up
(very noticeably) higher than normal.
I stayed about 2 hours and as I was
leaving, the life guards were instructing
everyone to get out of the water.
I hope to get back out again, tomorrow,
after work.....things should be impressive
considering what I found today and, also,
considering Earl isn't that close yet....
Enjoy the pictures......click to enlarge...
The above picture shows best the scale
of the waves versus people while the
below shows someone who doesn't
seem to mind at all.....
...until next time......

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

LOVE it as usual- the scale shots are awesome- of course the seabird could care less LOL