Home to the artwork of Lostnoiz

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Getting old......

First things first.....
Hurricane Danielle's effect on
Carolina Beach is evident below.
High rip currents, very rough surf.
I went out today after work to take
a peek even though I knew I wouldn't
be able to swim (red flag day). Big
waves and a horrendous rip was what
I found.....below are the
pictures...click to enlarge...
....and that brings me to this.
This past year has been a year of
reunions. Thanks largely to Facebook
and Sidney Smith (whom encouraged
me to join Facebook), I have been able
not only to reconnect with a lot of
friends online, but I have been able to
meet up with a few here in Wilmington...
living at the beach has it plusses...about
everyone comes here at some point....
This past week, I got a message that an
OLD friend was coming to town (or close
to it...Wrightsville Beach...). I got his
phone number and called the next day.
It's been about 20 years since I saw
Brian Plaster....we met up, hung out,
and had a good time. He currently runs
Johnny's of Carrboro....in, oddly enough,
Carrboro.....and is doing very well....check him
out on Facebook (search 'Johnny's of Carrboro')
Below is a picture of us then (1988) and
us now (2010)....very good to see him.
...until next time.

No comments: