Home to the artwork of Lostnoiz

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A day in the life.......

Not much going on today....did some yard work, listened to some old favorite CD's while re- painting the shutters ('Illmatic' and 'Yo, Bum Rush The Show'), mowed the yard, etc....then I realized how f'n hot I was. Hosed myself off, put on the trunks, packed a bag and went to the beach. Stopped at the Food Lion (my loyalty runs deep....) for a case of beer on the way....(god bless Carolina Beach for allowing such behavior..public drinking....with in reason). I planted my ass right on the edge of the water (high tide peaked today around 12:30ish), popped open a brew, grabbed my book ('Kalki'), and just...relaxed.....see pic below...
....but anyways....as always, I took some pictures while there. There was a storm coming into Wilmington about that time, though it never made it the beach...thankfully. From the beach, the clouds appear very threatening....you keep thinking 'I better pack up now' but I was holding out, hell, I had a book to finish, not to mention a few beers left (I did NOT take the case with me onto the beach...even I have limits..). Below are the pictures...click to enlarge.
Well, the rain never came to the beach, I finished the book (and a few beers) and got some quality swim time in. The water is roughly 70 degrees now and today, the ocean was perfect...not too rough and just enough waves to make it fun. I got used to the temp pretty quickly too. I really need more days like this. Until next.......

No comments: