Home to the artwork of Lostnoiz

Monday, March 21, 2011

Dream last night.........

I had a dream last night….a weird one. Lately, I’ve been dreaming of work so the day blends into the night. Not last night: I was at the house I grew up in, an old log house (yep, log house) in Greensboro, NC. I have not been in this house since about 1993ish. There was a bit of panic in the air, like the type when a tornado warning has been issued. It was me, my Mom (RIP for a while now..) and another person, who seemed to represent my girlfriend (Robbin) and my sister (Deatra) combined. I went to the top of our driveway to investigate the ‘panic’. Where we lived back then, the driveway was at least 500 feet long, this was the country. In the distance, to the right (from the Mills Point Road direction…..personal reference..), there was a disturbance coming. The religious ‘End of Times’ was coming. For an Atheist to have a vivid dream of this, IMO, is odd. It felt real…..really REAL. Leading the disturbance, was a catholic-esqe garbed guy, Complete with robe and all. People were marching with him, along with children. They were shouting things like ‘the end is near’ and there was a certain ‘doomsday’ feel to the whole scene. The children marching with this guy were spouting bullshit, like “all you KIA drivers are going to DIE!” (like owning a foreign car decides your faith….though this does play into current events, kinda…). While the over-realous religious youth often have their facts all fucked up, not in my dreams, DAMMIT! But yet there they were……coming down my childhood driveway….. I (in dream world..) ran back to our house….the log cabin. They (my family) were packing up. It was like the ‘Wizard of Oz’ and Dorothy saw the storm….. They were heading for higher ground. The end was near. No shit, like on Some religious ‘the end is near shit’. Outside, the skies started to get dark. Inside, we were scrambling to get our shit and get going. Apparrantly, the YMCA was a safe haven, and it was and is, very close to the old house in Greensboro. Inside the old house, my family was grabbing very little, and just wanted to get going. The procession outside had cycled out and was well on it’s way to warn others. The end was near for us. Inside the house, I was going around, carefully turning off lights, when my Mom said, “It doesn’t matter, it’s all going to be destroyed anyways”. She believed that the end was upon us, and even in my dream, the Athiest in me emerged and I smirked and answered, “Okay, but I’ll just turn the lights off anyways….” Thinking that tomorrow, we’d be back, un-packing our stuff after the false alarm. Out in front of our home was an old 4 door Chevy-Buick….whatever.. an old car that was there to devise our get-a-way to the YMCA…. again, a safe haven during the apocalypse….this is when I woke…the first time……… This is one of those dreams when you wake up……and go back to sleep…. And resume your dream……. When I returned to the dream, we were trying to get everything important Into the get away car. This is when the ‘Crazy Cat Lady’ in me emerged. We had ourselves packed into the car and I saw ‘Graycie’, our current baby, rubbing against my leg (amongst the chaos). We grabbed her and put her in the car. Then I looked around and saw cats everywhere. I climbed to the second floor of the old house, from the outside, to try and retrieve some of our cats. The end was near, we wanted our cats to come with us to the YMCA. Then I saw ‘Blackie’ our newest cat…she got picked up. We started to look frantically for ‘Bat Man’…our beloved cat whom passed about 2 months ago. I saw her, and started after her. I was ripping thru sheetrock and studs to try and get to her. Meanwhile, the car, the Buick…or whatever, with my Mom and everything in tow, was really getting anxious to leave…. After all, the end of times was upon us. I looked at the ‘Robbin’ in my dream, and we both uttered, “We love you Bat Man.” And we both started to cry while she got in the car. We thought we were going to have to leave her……. then I turned around and started to rip away at the house, trying to find Bat Man. I became frantic and was tearing away studs and sheetrock. I could not find Bat Man. The skies really started to get stormy and the end was nearing quickly. I looked around and the car was gone! I stopped to look around and to my right, where the old wood pile was at, lay Bat Man, licking her paws. I cautiously approached her, thinking she might run if I came up on her quick, and when I got to her, I reached down, snatched her up, and started to run towards the woods behind our old house…if you went thru these ‘woods’ behind our old house, eventually, you would end up at the YMCA….and, in my dream, the safe zone…….. …the end. Did we make it? I don’t know….blame fucking Model Store Walk for the lack of an ending…… ….I had to go to work when I woke up.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

wow Randy just wow----
Your dream was vivid to me- and it was YOUR dream....
just wow!

megan hargrove jr said...

That was pretty freaking amazing to me ...as if i was there...

Unknown said...

wow....i can see and feel it...as if I were there too...well, I guess I was...lol...i have dreams about the cabin and Mama often...and lots of the time you are in them too..but never about the end of time....makes you think, huh??? wow
love you!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes dreams are just crazy and playing with your mind but I would not totally discount this one - it hits too close too home - meditate and try to think if there was a message meant for you or someone else. Love you brother - Donna