Home to the artwork of Lostnoiz

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Russian Bear, April 26th, 2008


Tonite, April 26th, 2008, I had the pleasure
of meeting Ivan "The Russian Bear" Koloff. He
was performing at an ICW show here in Wilmington
against Marc Ash in a Russian Chain Match.

He was very approachable, considering he is a
legend. This is the man who beat Bruno Sammartino
for the WWWF title way back when. I used to see
him wrestle at the Greensboro Coliseum back in the
early to mid 80's. He was always a top draw and
one of the top heels everywhere he went.

I approached him with caution, not wanting to insult
him with my petty wish to have my picture taken with
him. He was extremely welcome to the idea, stood up
beside me, and said something to the effect of "How's
my hair look?" Really a nice guy. It was great to
see a true legend and have a photo taken with him.
I have more pictures of the show but none are more
important than this one. Thank you, Ivan.......

No comments: