Home to the artwork of Lostnoiz

Friday, September 16, 2011

Finished Deck....

Around 5 pm yesterday, in the blazing hot sun, I put the
finishing touches on the new deck.  I added the lattice below,
finished screwing down all the deck boards, and attached
a access panel for underneath storage on the deck.


Lessons learned:

1.  You never have enough decking screws...always buy twice as
much as you think you need.
2.  Don't build a deck during the summer....it's way too damn hot.
3.  Screw the budget....it never falls with in it.

After 3-4 days working in the hot sun, I did finish the project.
I woke up today to nice, cool 65 degree weather....perfect for
working outdoors....D'OH!

Until next time.....


2 comments:

Charlotte said...

wow what a handy fella you are- maybe you got that from PopPop who was an accomplished FINISH carpenter notwithstanding a regular carpenter....he could and did build anything (the cabin first! cabinets, furniture, etc.) YOU got HIS gene for that!!!!! Love your tips- perfect!!!!

Charlotte said...

Beautiful Deck as well....may yet one day come visit- just for a night- as I am out of work a month due to back soft tissue stuff still from wreck...can't afford nothing but temporarily caught up and not gonna struggle if my job doesn't fade me due to passing my FMLA time limit----considered suing if they do- as I was ON MY WAY to work when I rolled my car...isn't there some precedent somewhere about that??? *goes to search* Are you still travelling? Post me a msg on my FB page!!!! Charlotte M Wadkins- I change pics all the time- I have been "badgery" lately due to pain ha- but have lost nearly 28 pounds since accident imagine that- laying around losing weight hahaha! YAY ME!
Love ya bro- keep in touch---- I get word of you precariously- but eventually!
Your Older not so fat sissy!
Char